Expert Cancer Care
Patients of the Mercy Cancer Center can be confident that the personalized, compassionate care they received is backed by high standards in quality and patient satisfaction. The Mercy Cancer Center has received the following accreditations and high patient satisfaction rankings.
Mercy Cancer Center ‘s quality is exemplified through accreditation by the following organizations:
Joint Commission Accreditation
Joint Commission Accreditation recognizes health care organizations and programs with focus on patient safety and quality of care. Accreditation from The Joint Commission is recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality. Mercy Cancer Center is one of many facilities and services of Mercy which are accredited by the Joint Commission.
Commission on Cancer (CoC) Accreditation
The quality standards established by the CoC for cancer programs ensure that CoC-accredited programs, such as those offered at the Mercy Cancer Center, offer patients:
- Comprehensive care including a complete range of state-of-the-art services and equipment
- A multidisciplinary team approach to coordinate the best available treatment options
- Information about ongoing cancer clinical trials and new treatment options
- Access to prevention and early detection programs, cancer education, and support services
- A cancer registry that offers lifelong patient follow-up
- Ongoing monitoring and improvements in cancer care
- Quality care, close to home
For more information on the Commission on Cancer (Coc) accreditation program, click here.
To view the 2011 Cancer Registry data for Mercy Regional Medical Center, click here
To view the 2011 review of analytical cases of colon cancer at Mercy Regional Medical Center, click here
- 100% of patients surveyed would recommend Mercy Cancer Center’s Center for Body, Mind and Spirit programs to others.
- 97% of patients surveyed gave Mercy Cancer Center the highest rating in overall satisfaction.