Our Emergency Room Promise:
Fast Treatment, Highly Qualified ER Doctors
At Mercy Regional Medical Center in Lorain and Mercy Allen Hospital in Oberlin, we know that when you come to the ER, you want a short wait, highly qualified doctors and fast answers to your medical problem. That is why we promise you:
Click here for some of the more common reasons people visit our ER.
- Treatment in 30 minutes or less: In a half-hour or less, we start the process of diagnosing your condition. Whether you need an X-ray, a CT or any other diagnostic testing, we will get the system in motion for you quickly. We have respect for your time.
- Board-certified ER doctors: Emergency treatment is our ER doctors' specialty. Their high-level expertise combined with compassion and caring gives you the high-quality care you deserve. It is their goal to treat you well.
- Fast, thorough diagnosis: We start the diagnostic process quickly, and we keep you informed along the way. If you have to wait for the result of a test, we will let you know how long that wait will be. Your peace of mind is our primary concern.
Fastest Treatment for Heart Attack and Stroke
Every second counts when you are having a cardiac event or a stroke. At Mercy Regional Medical Center in Lorain, when you come to the ER with chest pain or heart attack symptoms, you can expect the following:
- Prompt attention
- Immediate cardiac monitoring
- The latest heart attack treatments, including clot-busting medications and/or emergency cardiac catheterization
- Access to 24/7 cardiac surgery team and cath lab staff
When you have a stroke, the right treatment for you needs to begin right away. The newest, most successful treatments for stroke must begin within three hours of your initial symptoms to be effective.
Mercy Regional Medical Center has the only certified Stroke Center in Lorain County. Our experienced team is trained to rapidly assess stroke symptoms and immediately begin treatment by working closely with the emergency departments at Mercy Regional Medical Center and Mercy Allen Hospital. Rapid treatment helps minimize stroke damage and maintain quality of life.